Sunday 26 February 2012

Carry On

This is where the reverie surprised me.

I turned to head in the direction of the screaming, and I saw Vicky. Not Lisa, not Callum, not any other person from this 1950s world, but Vicky. She looked at me and she said, "Don't weep at my grave because I am no longer here, Nikolai. Please never let your memory of me disappear."

Things started to fall into place, 'cause shortly after, Callum came in and shot her. This is how my girlfriend died. It wasn't 1950, it was 2011. It was her apartment.

And there's other things I really don't want to say about it. I'm sorry, but I can become a better person without having to share all my information.

I'm safe in the light that surrounds me, and I finally feel at peace with the girl in my dreams.

Hell, if I was a little more naive, I'd say I might even give math a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment