Friday 24 February 2012

Falling Backwards

Most of my dreams are even weirder than the one I described. I've dreamt of things ranging from cars exploding in a fiery embrace to amish dudes brofisting before duking it out in Smash Bros. Melee. Luckily, I have a friend who says he can help. This guy is one of those college-type guys, and he's gonna major in psychology or some shit. Says he can try what he knows to help me with my dreams.

I went to him today, actually. And he had me lie down on one of those fancy therapist bed-chair things, and he read me my miranda rights or whatever, I really don't fuckin' pretend to understand what he does. But he did this countdown thing going from ten to one, and he wanted me to close my eyes and relax. By the time he hit one, I admit I did feel somethin', and I mean it was somethin' other than last night's curry.

I saw a white light shining there before me, and walking to it, I waited for the end. Nothin' came. I felt... safe. I dunno. Felt like all the assholes I've met in my life couldn't get to me. After a while, I didn't even feel like I was in the office with my friend anymore, y'know? Kinda felt psychedelic, like the first time I lit up a big one and my dorm-mate Dave Sopertano put Pink Floyd on the radio. I was never one for that fancy music, but nothin' opens your tastes like Roger Waters and Mary Jane. Like then, I spaced out. I almost felt like I was really there, like my life was playing out in front of me. Like some kind of big-screen movie.

Finally, I saw Vicky. The girlfriend I mentioned earlier. It was so good to see her.

I was really fuckin' happy, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment